Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon

Basically this is a place for RPCers to come and plot new rps or even work on a thread rp or two for those times when they cant always get on.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Final Rule

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Final Rule Empty The Final Rule Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle
Ruler
Ruler

I've said time and time again that I only ask for one thing. I want players who can play well. If they cant, if they godmod, troll, or just harass others. I will not allow them to continue. Alicorns are fine as long as they're played well. If they're not we'll deal with it.

Cross canon is to be put on a case by case basis, and will be handled by the mods. If it is deemed unfit for your character to continue, do not flare up or try to prod us with "Love and Tolerance" bullshit. I will not hesitate to ban you.

Everyone has an equal chance, but if you try to cheat your way through and end up breaking the room.

I will end you.

I will not tolerate any roombreakers and will work my hardest to make this room accepting and embracing. But when someone steps on others around me, and they do not heed my warning, I will crush them into dust and throw it into the sun.

Sure, I may have bought mod powers, and I might frighten some, but as long as you do not knowingly nate on others I, and other mods, will protect you from anything and will be just and swift in exacting proper evaluation and determination.

Anyone who has a problem with this can talk to me directly.

https://mlpheavyartillery.forumotion.com

2The Final Rule Empty Re: The Final Rule Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Sonata

Sonata
Apple Family Member
Apple Family Member

Following up on this, allow me to state that this officially voids the Crossover Rule. What is posted here by Twilight is what has been set in our proverbial stone.

If Twilight is not in the room, ask me about it. Us admins and mods are here for a reason.

As of today, new players - regardless of character content - will be asked to step aside with whatever available admin(s) into a private room or PM, where they will be interviewed about their character. Once the admin feels that a sufficient amount of information has been gathered, the available admins will convene and discuss about the information.

EXCEPTIONS:

In the event that there is only one admin, it is that admin's discrepancy weather the new character(s) can RP. This does not excuse that admin from talking with the others when more are available.

((More will be added as I or other admins construct this))

REASONING:

I've been asked a few times why this is happening. Twilight, Rainbow, Chrysalis, and I have all agreed that the Crossover Rule was too black-and-white. There were a few cases of character accounts slipping through cracks and too broad of terminology to effectively judge weather they were allowed or not.

This way works on a case-by-case basis, allowing us to really set in stone the good qualities of the character, the player behind them, and judge weather the community would benefit. Note that in the explanation, I stress that there must be some kind of discussion between admins. This is to prevent the ideas and interpretation of what is acceptable as according to one admin from becoming law for that 'time of day'.

OTHER NOTES:

Please do not discuss this in the main RPC chat, constrict it to PM's or IM services. If you don't have another way to contact an admin offsite, either use the forums, or just ask them when you see them.

When the admin discussion is over, their ruling is final, regardless of who tells you. If I interview you, and sometime later Rainbow Dash says that there's something that needs fixing, then you need to listen to her. (Or whoever contacts you). Us admins are in constant communication. Therefore, it would be a bad plan to say "But [admin] said that X was fine."

ADMINS:
Rainbow Dash
Twilight Sparkle
Sonata Allegro
Chrysalis
Discord

Last edited by Night Terror on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because the edit button told me to.)

3The Final Rule Empty Re: The Final Rule Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Trixie Lulamoon

Trixie Lulamoon
OC
OC

Sonata wrote:As of today, new players - regardless of character content - will be asked to step aside with whatever available admin(s) into a private room or PM, where they will be interviewed about their character. Once the admin feels that a sufficient amount of information has been gathered, the available admins will convene and discuss about the information.

Just to clarify, would this apply to new players registering canon characters?

And in the event no admin is present, what should the regular users do in this situation?

4The Final Rule Empty Re: The Final Rule Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Sonata

Sonata
Apple Family Member
Apple Family Member

Trixie Lulamoon wrote:
Just to clarify, would this apply to new players registering canon characters?

And in the event no admin is present, what should the regular users do in this situation?

No, the rule isn't retroactive to characters who were made a few days before this shift. You have already shown mastery in your use of character. The only characters the interview really applies to, were characters that entered during the shift, and all those who show up afterwards.

In short, if you keep doing what you've been doing, you'll be fine. We still abide by the whole 'don't be a jerk, don't start drama' deals, and those rules are the most important.

If such a time arrives when no one with ability to do anything is online, then the following will apply:

New players will be allowed to RP as normal until an admin comes online. They should be informed of this.

In the event that an admin isn't online and drama starts, the best plan is to ignore that person until an admin arrives. Make sure to document everything you feel necessary for the admin to know, so that proper action can be taken with expedience.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum