Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon

Basically this is a place for RPCers to come and plot new rps or even work on a thread rp or two for those times when they cant always get on.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A personal observation and analysis

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A personal observation and analysis Empty A personal observation and analysis Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:08 am

Frost Bite

Frost Bite
OC
OC

The work you are about to read is merely an observation that tries to get a glimpse of the future by looking at the past and scaling it down to this size. The previous thread was locked and this was something I felt needed to be said. I worked hard to choose wording that can support both sides.
No one being can change the events that have lead up to the present, not even the doctor. I do not wish to speak out for or against one side or the other, but I will speak on behalf of those who take both sides into consideration and with the art of historical learning, fore see the events that may come to be. The mods, our group of elite members have decided to place rules on cross over characters and flat out ban characters from other sources. This work of analysis is not meant to be bias, but of course I can’t keep all bias out. I won’t lie. I am for allowing everyone into our community because that is what I as a person hope for. Acceptance everywhere is what I hope for. Why do I care about this subject so much? I'm an OC who is able to fit it in the guidelines of the room. The answer is acceptance. Say what you want, but this is the same thing as racial purging, and even closer to my passions, the act of discriminating against a homosexual.
First things first, I’ll probably get some bull about how this is nothing like discrimination. Oh well it’s a risk I took posting this. A man loves his city. He always takes care of the city, and does so much to care for it. He has lived in the city all his life, and his family has lived there all their life. One day a Spooky homosexual moves in with his husband. We can’t have that, and the man is disgusted by the homosexual. He tries to get rid of the homosexual but nothing he does works. Finally, with nothing else to do, he gets up and leaves with his family. A few members of the city are very upset by the man leaving. What is the only option for them? Remove the homosexual and everything will be hunky-dory. Homosexuals are kicked out of their homes left and right. One homosexual tries to stay. The mayor decides that he is ok with the homosexual but he and his members on a committee decided to not allow any homosexuals to move in unless they played the part of straight people. Slowly gay people move back in, but under the disguise of heterosexual. They try to live happily but just when it all seems ok again, a new homosexual moves in not caring about the towns rules. This is bad; we need to get rid of him. Pretend to be straight or get out of town fag. Still some people who aren’t gay want to allow the gay to stay because he isn’t hurting anyone else; people who get hurt are by allowing the gay are what hurt the community. You lost a few very important people, well other important people are still there, and some can become more important than the ones they lost. Eventually both parties rise to a form of power and the town is thrown into utter chaos. There were people fighting for homosexuals and people fighting against homosexuals. Among the crowd of anger and debate, a couple of citizens post a story. “A person loved an MLP chat room. They always cared for it….”
I don’t care who says what against or for my little rant here. I just felt this model would best describe the way I see this argument. A double edged blade that will hurt both parties is going to hurt everyone. Even if you think your decision is the right one, others are going to be hurt by it. No one can win.
-Frost Bite, Ponyville’s resident homosexual

2A personal observation and analysis Empty Re: A personal observation and analysis Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:41 am

Night Terror

Night Terror
Changeling
Changeling

Frost Bite wrote:The work you are about to read is merely an observation that tries to get a glimpse of the future by looking at the past and scaling it down to this size. The previous thread was locked and this was something I felt needed to be said. I worked hard to choose wording that can support both sides.
No one being can change the events that have lead up to the present, not even the doctor. I do not wish to speak out for or against one side or the other, but I will speak on behalf of those who take both sides into consideration and with the art of historical learning, fore see the events that may come to be. The mods, our group of elite members have decided to place rules on cross over characters and flat out ban characters from other sources. This work of analysis is not meant to be bias, but of course I can’t keep all bias out. I won’t lie. I am for allowing everyone into our community because that is what I as a person hope for. Acceptance everywhere is what I hope for. Why do I care about this subject so much? I'm an OC who is able to fit it in the guidelines of the room. The answer is acceptance. Say what you want, but this is the same thing as racial purging, and even closer to my passions, the act of discriminating against a homosexual.

First things first, I’ll probably get some bull about how this is nothing like discrimination. Oh well it’s a risk I took posting this. A man loves his city. He always takes care of the city, and does so much to care for it. He has lived in the city all his life, and his family has lived there all their life. One day a Spooky homosexual moves in with his husband. We can’t have that, and the man is disgusted by the homosexual. He tries to get rid of the homosexual but nothing he does works. Finally, with nothing else to do, he gets up and leaves with his family. A few members of the city are very upset by the man leaving. What is the only option for them? Remove the homosexual and everything will be hunky-dory. Homosexuals are kicked out of their homes left and right. One homosexual tries to stay. The mayor decides that he is ok with the homosexual but he and his members on a committee decided to not allow any homosexuals to move in unless they played the part of straight people. Slowly gay people move back in, but under the disguise of heterosexual. They try to live happily but just when it all seems ok again, a new homosexual moves in not caring about the towns rules. This is bad; we need to get rid of him. Pretend to be straight or get out of town fag. Still some people who aren’t gay want to allow the gay to stay because he isn’t hurting anyone else; people who get hurt are by allowing the gay are what hurt the community. You lost a few very important people, well other important people are still there, and some can become more important than the ones they lost. Eventually both parties rise to a form of power and the town is thrown into utter chaos. There were people fighting for homosexuals and people fighting against homosexuals. Among the crowd of anger and debate, a couple of citizens post a story. “A person loved an MLP chat room. They always cared for it….”
I don’t care who says what against or for my little rant here. I just felt this model would best describe the way I see this argument. A double edged blade that will hurt both parties is going to hurt everyone. Even if you think your decision is the right one, others are going to be hurt by it. No one can win.
-Frost Bite, Ponyville’s resident homosexual

- Crossovers aren't flat out banned they are just restricted to stop the constant flood and room/rp take overs we were getting from them constantly.

- If a crossover character thinks he has a chance in the room he is free to discuss it with a mod before actually attempting to do something, those the chances are very unlikely, the chances are still there.

- Homosexuals are pretty cool people who doesn't afraid of anything.

- Since the restriction on Crossovers Pony RP and missing ponies themselves have begun to return. The room is now in a state of repairing itself and most ponies are ready to put this ordeal behind us, only a "Select" few continues to stir the issue.

- If you want to RP crossovers you are absolutely free to PM them or go to their room, there is nothing stopping you from doing. I can see if your pony wants to meet Sonic or Mario or halo or Samus and stomp some goombas or shoot some metroid that would be pretty cool, but that RP should take place in the appropriate room, not the pony room that is supposed to be for pony RP.

- This thread is totally in the wrong area, that;s Okay though, moving to OOC Madness

http://3.roleplaychat.org/profile.php?user=Night+Terror

3A personal observation and analysis Empty Re: A personal observation and analysis Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:43 am

Frost Bite

Frost Bite
OC
OC

Thank you for moving it to the correct location. I was unsure as to where it belonged. And as mentioned in the writing, it is not for or against one side, it is an observation of the future.

4A personal observation and analysis Empty Re: A personal observation and analysis Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:31 am

Night Terror

Night Terror
Changeling
Changeling

Night Terror wrote:Yes I get that but even that does not work sometimes. That's why we have the resterictons. If someone makes a character for the MLP series specifically they are 179% free to come in here PM one of the mods and go. "Hey i made this character for MLP, can you take a look and tell me if its acceptable to partake in an rp" and we'll look at their profile and let him know if its okay or offer suggestions.

But if Mario and Luigi start coming in here and stomping on Goomba's then we have a problem.

Quoting myself for future posts.

http://3.roleplaychat.org/profile.php?user=Night+Terror

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum