Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon

Basically this is a place for RPCers to come and plot new rps or even work on a thread rp or two for those times when they cant always get on.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Role Play Ideas

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Role Play Ideas Empty Role Play Ideas Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Trixie Lulamoon

Trixie Lulamoon
OC
OC

First off to avoid confusion, this is Firefly and I created this name for the forums before Trixie Lulamoon in the room came around.

Anyways, the purpose of this thread is to encourage everyone to come up with and discuss different role play ideas for the room. It doesn't have to be a long term good vs. evil kind of role play (but if that's something people would prefer, then we can try working off of that), it can be something like a party, a special event, or some sort of competition. I did post the idea of a Running of the Leaves event a few months back, and with fall approaching (if it hasn't gotten here already because I don't always pay attention to calendar events), I'm going to see about trying to work on it.

I will check in on this as often as I can. If I come up with any ideas of my own, I will be sure to post them.

2Role Play Ideas Empty Re: Role Play Ideas Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Thestral

Thestral
OC
OC

• Diamond Dogs, using the labyrinthine network of sewer tunnels beneath Ponyville (think the French Underground), abduct ponies in a coup to increase gem profits so they can produce more medicine for their young which have been contracting radon sickness (or some other malady).
  • Build upon the vague seapony thread by having them either collectively or via some villainous ruler flood Ponyville under water.
  • Changeling paranoia strikes Ponyville. They could be anypony. Nopony knows. Might require a Benjamin Sisko. Essentially this would require members of town government to make life difficult for everypony in the interest of Ponyville's safety.
  • We could stage temporary week-long scenarios that allow us to examine Equestria from a different global perspective, such as taking a brief glimpse into a potential future when the CMC have grown up, or perhaps into the past. Perhaps we could, on occasion, center the activity for that week in a location outside of Ponyville. I worry these might be a bit too ambitious, however. I feel they could be rewarding, but would have to be structured carefully, which might be easily given to complications. The Room Topic function might aid in this, I think.

I have others, but I'm saving them for my writing.

Last edited by Thestral on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more suggestions.)

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greenbanana/

3Role Play Ideas Empty Re: Role Play Ideas Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Vash the Pony

Vash the Pony
OC
OC

I like a couple of Thestral's idea's. Some of them I think I could be part of, including your Running of the Leaves. Seems everyone has been trying to get an Action RP going when MLP isn't always about action lol.

4Role Play Ideas Empty Re: Role Play Ideas Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Thestral

Thestral
OC
OC

Vash the Pony wrote:I like a couple of Thestral's idea's. Some of them I think I could be part of, including your Running of the Leaves. Seems everyone has been trying to get an Action RP going when MLP isn't always about action lol.

That's why you intersperse action sequences with suspense and reflection. I also like event roleplays, such as the Running of the Leaves which is seasonably appropriate (unless maybe you live in Australia?). I'd be looking forward to a Nightmare Night festivity (though likely people will be out partying on Halloween). Since people don't necessarily come in on sequential days, I think it'd be smart to span them out across multiple days, in order to increase involvement. Plus this way, for those who use alts, they can perhaps use a different one on different days.

I wanted to avoid double-posting, though I considered that it's been enough time to warrant a bump. But then, seeing as this was still high up on the thread list, that didn't seem necessary. Although on the other hoof, it might have regenerated attention for this sadly short thread. Anyways.

I wanted to reiterate the concept of prolonged roleplays regarding holidays. With further establishment of Equestrian holidays such as Nightmare Night and the Harvest Parade, I propose we could roleplay these seasonal events in the chatroom by having them occur for, say, a specific week of the year. The extended time gives everypony the chance to get on at least one of those days (especially as these holidays correspond to popular real-life festivities that will render us too busy to play on the internet), and to fully explore the holidays in greater depth (they only seem to come one night a year). Things can happen every day, obviously, but special themes like this can add an enriching flavor to roleplays which focus on character interaction. Remember, there doesn't always have to be a dangerous crisis occurring. Widespread scenarios such as holidays (Hearth's Warming Eve is coming faster than you know it!) can allow all players to share in the expansive scenario that is MLP:FiM.

Last edited by Thestral on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification of previous ideas.)

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greenbanana/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum