Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon

Basically this is a place for RPCers to come and plot new rps or even work on a thread rp or two for those times when they cant always get on.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Etiquette of the Room

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Etiquette of the Room Empty Etiquette of the Room Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 am

Sonata

Sonata
Apple Family Member
Apple Family Member

I thought this should be written out, just in case it wasn't clear.

When there is an RP going on, it should go without saying that interruptions to that RP (unless there are multiple RP's) should be at a minimum. It's rude, it's annoying, and largely uncalled for.

Now sure, saying a few things or making a snide remark isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's ridiculous when some 17 people post when 5 are trying to RP. In a case like that, if one of the writers disconnects, and all 17 non-participants say a line in RPC, /back 30 won't tell the reconnected writer what the previous post was. That sucks and should not be done.

So please, when there's an RP going on, respect the writers and yourself by just keeping quiet and watching.

This brings me to another point. I thought about making a separate thread, but this also ties in.

The Crossover Rule is gone, yes, but that still doesn't necessarily allow for just anyone to walk in and start RP'ing. Yes, there are plenty of friendly people on RPC who would be great additions to the room's RP. But there are many more who are not friendly, or would not make good additions to the RP. It's for the best that we limit who can RP in the room. MAYBE as time progresses, we can expand our horizons to suit more characters. But for now, non-pony characters (or pony characters that haven't been interviewed by an Admin) are NOT allowed to RP.

The issue is a snowball effect.

If I were to allow one or two people into the RP, even if they were the utmost polite and skilled RP'ers in RPC, it would mean that I would have to let everyone in. The last time that was the rule, there were more problems than solutions. Now that things are slowly moving back on track, I believe we can consider the possibilities of non-pony RP in the room. But for now, that is a no.

Again, non-ponies and ponies which have not been interviewed are welcomed to stay and chat, but must abide by not RP'ing, or interrupting an RP. The latter applies to everyone, really.

Furthermore, and I shouldn't have to say this, but listening to an Admin is really the best plan. Even if the room has no mods, acting like a general douche and doing whatever you want in spite of/in direct disregard of what other people ask of you is ultimately a bad idea.

I hate coming off so rudely, but there isn't much else to really say on this matter. Don't be rude, please.

2Etiquette of the Room Empty Just my two cents Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:47 am

Trixie Lulamoon

Trixie Lulamoon
OC
OC

I do agree there should be as few interruptions as possible when an RP is going on. However, I believe a solution to this would be to encourage RPs where just about anyone can join in. I say this because, for one, it helps get the room involved as a whole rather than just as groups. And two, say you do have three to five people in an RP that's closed off to everyone else; chances are they may talk OOC because they have nothing else to do.

For interviewing, I would recommend, if they're not up already, posts giving examples of what is and isn't allowed in the room. Hopefully, this will make things easier on both the people being interviewed and the mods.

This may be a bit off topic, but I feel the room topic should appear inviting and give people an idea what the room is about, a link to the forums, and who they should contact if they have any questions.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]