Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Heavy Artillery: Friendship Cannon

Basically this is a place for RPCers to come and plot new rps or even work on a thread rp or two for those times when they cant always get on.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clarification

+3
Applejack
Night Terror
Sonata
7 posters

What changes should the leadership face?

Clarification I_vote_lcap6%Clarification I_vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Clarification I_vote_lcap6%Clarification I_vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Clarification I_vote_lcap13%Clarification I_vote_rcap 13% [ 2 ]
Clarification I_vote_lcap31%Clarification I_vote_rcap 31% [ 5 ]
Clarification I_vote_lcap25%Clarification I_vote_rcap 25% [ 4 ]
Clarification I_vote_lcap19%Clarification I_vote_rcap 19% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clarification Empty Clarification Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Sonata

Sonata
Apple Family Member
Apple Family Member

There's been talk about replacement of a certain canon character.

Let me be absolutely clear here. This will not occur. Period.

If anyone has a problem with this member, they can take it up with them, or with me. Discussion of this will not happen in the room either. Keep it in PM discussion, or over other messengers.

EDIT:

I've added a poll. As Night Terror has pointed out below, one of the major issues that has (unknowingly) become a problem is the leadership. As I am to understand, things were largely alright before I showed up. So I'm adding a poll to see what you guys actually want. As a note, opinions placed here are not viable for banning.

You can choose multiple options, but please try to pick the ones that you feel are the best.

Last edited by Sonata on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Night Terror

Night Terror
Changeling
Changeling

Oh Sonata, quit being such a woman.

I know what's happening with the other room and the whole ponies abandoning your room for it.Well this isn't helping,in fact this is exactly why everyone is leaving for the new RP. Your being to strict and to threatening towards them with your mod status.

If you chillax a bit and let things calm down instead of fueling the fire with this, maybe you'll start to see things calm down just a bit.

http://3.roleplaychat.org/profile.php?user=Night+Terror

3Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Sonata

Sonata
Apple Family Member
Apple Family Member

The fact members are switching rooms isn't actually my concern at all. It's not the purpose of this thread, nor is it anything close to what I'm worried about. RP is supposed to be fun, if they want to go have fun, then I'm not going to stop them. Like really, it's whatever.

Given the subject at hand (provided you and I are on the same page), then I'll not change anything that has been stated thus far.

Furthermore, you left the room. For what reason(s) isn't my concern. But to be perfectly honest, it's difficult to put weight behind your 'advice' when you've left the community behind you.

4Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Night Terror

Night Terror
Changeling
Changeling

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah but it is about that deep down isn't it? The two problems are connected after all.

I was in the new room last night, There was some interesting RP going on, but what little OOC that was going on was directed towards 2 things about the old room.

1) The mods
and 2) lack of RP.

Now you say "What does this have to do with the anonymous pony in question that this topic is about?" well i'll get to that.

To begin with, your to uptight, straight from the ponies mouth, not my words, but their's. I'm just the messenger. The mods are to strict with all the rules and are generally threatening and unkind towards the community. This in turn leads to tension which in turn kills RP moods. The persona you put on is "My way or the high way, I own you, you belong to me, so deal with it" If the environment was a little more friendly there would probably be more RP and ponies wouldn't think this. The new room was more friendly, it wasn't as strict, mods were generally kind and it created a good atmosphere for RP, and low and behold it happened. Ponies liked it and they want more.

Now with that being said, do i think its fair our anonymous pony should be counted towards contributing to the bad environment of the old room? No I don't think that's fair at all. However this is the responsibility that comes with being a mod. You represent the atmosphere of the room, and if your a poor mod, then ponies will view the room as poor as well, and that in turns reflect back to not just the mod but the mod group running the room. Which is why our anon pony is also undergoing this problem. The new room has a new RD, its a new change the ponies want, hence the threat of being replaced.

Now you can say "Well my opinion doesn't matter, I left" Whatever, that's the exact kind of attitude that lead to this problem and will continue to fuel the fire until your are more open and understanding to the community around.

Understand what the problem is, don't go into denial about it, work to change, only when the mods chnage can the atmosphere of the room change.

http://3.roleplaychat.org/profile.php?user=Night+Terror

5Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Applejack

Applejack
OC
OC

As much as I don't want to post, I must.

NT is right. There is nothing wrong with change, and no one is being replaced. Just a new room with new characters. The old room has a bad smell and a lot of ponies don't want to hang around. This doesn't mean the new room is going to take over. Just means it's a new start for some who actually want to RP and not just OOC chat about how there is no RP anymore. It also gives our original players a chance to come back and feel the fresh breeze of actual RP that has been lacking in the old room.

I get this post was about replacing someone, and not this. But I just needed to say despite the fact that NT left, he is a voice of reason and is pretty truthful when it comes to hanging out old laundry.

6Clarification Empty My thoughts and opinions Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 am

Trixie Lulamoon

Trixie Lulamoon
OC
OC

I'm not 100% sure what's going on about the replacement pony. At first I thought it meant someone in the MLP room was trying to replace the pony, but it sounds like it has to do with someone playing the character in the new room.

Anyways, I believe any comments or feedback we receive, regardless positive or negative, should be taken into consideration, regardless who it's from, if it will help improve, not just the room, but the community as a whole, and resolve any issues that may arise.

I do agree it shouldn't be our concern if people switch rooms. However, if the reason people are switching rooms is because they are not enjoying the MLP room, then perhaps it's something we should look in to and find out why they are dissatisfied with the room and if there is something we can do about it.

-Ff

7Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:54 am

Sonata

Sonata
Apple Family Member
Apple Family Member

In light of what's been posted, I decided to add a poll to see what everyone wanted. I attempted to make the answers diverse without straying far from the specific issues pointed out here.

If there's any I should add, please say so.

8Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:49 pm

The Flames of War

The Flames of War
OC
OC

The mods need to step down in my opinion, but not be abolished. The room is about role play and the mods and admins should only be there to step in ONLY when necessary to keep the peace and remove those that the room agrees on AS A WHOLE to be undesirable, namely trolls, troublemakers, exc, and not ponies that people just don't like so long as they're viable to the storyline and room rp. Mods shouldn't be the ones who decide on the rules of the room and shouldn't have power based of their pull or popularity in the room. The rules should be made by the community, be made open for discussion and subject to change in ways that the entire community sees fit. Mods should be chosen not to give power, but in accordance to who will abide by the rules, not let petty drama or rivalries stand in the way of doing their job, and be appointed to do nothing more than remove those who hinder the rp and over all good feeling of the room.

That's just my opinion though.

http://www.ponysquare.com/War

9Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Sonata

Sonata
Apple Family Member
Apple Family Member

A new option to the poll has been added.

10Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Pinkie Pie

OC
OC

SOOOOO I can keep being the P to the inkie to the P to the I to the E?

11Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:17 am

Kickstart

OC
OC

More mods, for a different reason; as much as I've been assured you guys will be on more frequently, there are still many, many days that go buy without a mod so much as peeking their head in the room.

12Clarification Empty Re: Clarification Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:56 am

Sonata

Sonata
Apple Family Member
Apple Family Member

A decision has been made.

Effective immediately: I will step down from Adminship and relinquish myself from the room. It's been a good, long run...or at least I'd like to think so.

Fair travels, everypony. A special thanks to Dash and Twilight, despite whatever differences we may argue about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum